Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Drip Pans

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a small Big Green Egg and am having trouble finding a drip pan that will fit underneath my adjustable V-Rack. I tried doing a search in the archives but no luck so far. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Simon,
    I like the disposable aluminum pans from the supermarket. They can be deformed to fit any rack you want, and you don't feel bad about disposing of them.[p]Ken

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Simon,
    i use a paella pan in my large and will be ordering a 10 inch carbon steel for my small. the handles are fairly large and may have to be bent or removed to fit.

[ul][li]paella pans[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    Simon,
    You have an adjustable V rack for the small? I need one of those. Please point me into the right direction.
    Thanks,
    Jimbo

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    fishlessman, what is wrong with that 52" model? LOL

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Rumrunner,
    at 200 dollars cheaper, i would go with the 45 inch model. would love to meet someone that could actully cook a good paella (portuguese style).

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    Simon, i use aluminum foil.... i make a double layer... and fold up the edges about a half an inch... make it whatever size you need... no problem with the clean up... and the price is right...ray

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Simon,[p]BGE makes a 9" deep dish pizza pan that I use both as a ceramic mass and as a drip pan (I line it with foil on the inside). [p]Just give the mothership a call and I'm sure they can hook you up![p]Works beautifully!
    Tonia
    :~)

• Coldeggnorth
    Options
    Simon,[p]Heck, we just shape aluminum foil to fit whatever shape we need. Cheap, flexible for any situation and never a regret throwing away. If we want to use drippings for sauce, we just double or triple it and it transfers well.[p]Regards,[p]Coldeggnorth
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    QBabe,
    How right you are Tonia!![p]You, and the Hubby doing ok?[p]Evans

I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Chubby,[p]Fantastic, aside from a nagging hip problem that I brought home as a result of the ride to Waldorf.[p]Hope all is well with you!
    Tonia
    :~)