Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Minnesota Donkey Blaster Brisket Chili

Options
I had a point leftover over from a brisket cook I did and chili seemed like a nice fit. I cruised the forum for a chili recipe and I came across a recipe called Minnesota Ass Blaster Brisket Chili. Being from Minnesota I thought it was a natural fit and the spice seemed about right. 5 habanero, 2 serrano, and 1 jalapeño pepper for heat. Let's do it! (Shout out to @CoalCreek for the recipe)

Most of the fixings in this pic:

I cooked the chili initially on the stove as the recipe calls for it to be cooked and than rested in the fridge overnight. So the next evening I threw it on the egg with some apple wood for a light smoke.

The finale:

I loved this chili. It was fantastic. It was spicy hot but not over the top. A nice burn. Enough to feel some good heat but still enjoyable and full of flavor. No cheese or sour cream for this bowl. I wanted all the flavors to shine through. They did. The pineapple will be in any batch of chili I make in the future. What a great sweet flavor to accompany the heat. This will be my go to Chili this winter. 

Here is the original post CoalCreek listed with the recipe:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1177085/minnesota-ass-blaster-brisket-chili-recipe

I scored a free Shop Vac on Craigslist yesterday as well. This will definitely come in handy with the Kick Ash Basket. I couldn't get myself to use the garage shop vac for cleaning out eggs but this spare will only see such. I can't believe what people give away for free on Craigslist. You get lucky sometimes I guess. 

Happy Labor Day!
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Nice score on the shop vac. I have some cubed brisket in the freezer waiting for the chili-like weather just around the corner.
    Stillwater, MN
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Chili looks great, by the way.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    IMO, the best way to serve brisket.

The a$$ blaster looks awesome V.  Would be nice at the FF.  One of my go-to hot sauces by Famous Dave's (Wilbur's Revenge)  pairs pineapple with habanero.  It's great on pork and poultry, and doesn't take much to clear the sinuses.  Found it at Menards of all places.

The SV is a GREAT find! 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Budaman5000
    Options
    Oh that looks tasty ...
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,046
    Options
    Nice score on the shop vac. I have some cubed brisket in the freezer waiting for the chili-like weather just around the corner.
    Thanks! @StillH2OEgger I don't know if I made more than 1 batch of chili last winter with the mild winter we had. Making up for some lost time I guess. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Focker said:
    IMO, the best way to serve brisket.

The a$$ blaster looks awesome V.  Would be nice at the FF.  One of my go-to hot sauces by Famous Dave's (Wilbur's Revenge)  pairs pineapple with habanero.  It's great on pork and poultry, and doesn't take much to clear the sinuses.  Found it at Menards of all places.

The SV is a GREAT find! 
    Thanks! @Focker I've gone through a couple bottles of Wibur's revenge. Good stuff! If you don't buy Famous Dave's sauce at Menards you're paying too much. I stock up with all kinds of food at Menards. Good price on most food items. I was on a South Side Famous Dave's kick for a while. The Shop Vac should be a nice spare vacuum. Going to see if I can find some type of extra filter for it so it doesn't clog up so quick 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Oh that looks tasty ...
    Thanks! @Budaman5000 Definitely recommend checking the recipe out if you like heat

Minnesota