Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got the email today informing me base and firebox for xl are ready for pick up

Options
westernbbq
westernbbq Posts: 2,490
edited August 2016 in EggHead Forum
This is why you buy new.  This will be my second base in 2 yrs.  Really eggcited that bge has such eggsemplary coverage to original purchaser

Comments

• Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Options
    I just got a new claim settled yesterday, sadly my lid and fire ring won't be here till November :( 
    HFX NS
  • westernbbq
    Options
    @Nsdexter.  Thats a bummer on the wait but at least you get the replacement parts.   Inmade my warr claim maybe 2 or three weeks ago and just got notified yesterday.  Try THAT with a KJ you got at costco!   Dont mean to kmock them but if my minimax ever cracks i am confident bge will turn around the warr covg right away

If anyone has kj warr replacement experience id love to hear the procedure.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    @Nsdexter.  Thats a bummer on the wait but at least you get the replacement parts.   Inmade my warr claim maybe 2 or three weeks ago and just got notified yesterday.  Try THAT with a KJ you got at costco!   Dont mean to kmock them but if my minimax ever cracks i am confident bge will turn around the warr covg right away

If anyone has kj warr replacement experience id love to hear the procedure.  
    Well...if a piece on a KJ cracks you just email KJ (they may ask for a pic also) and they send the replacement part right to your front door at no charge.

Most people only experience a week or so wait time.

KJ's sold at Costco have a complete KJ warranty or you can just take it back to Costco and get a complete refund. I'm betting most BGE dealers won't give you all your money back if you just don't like your egg.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    This is why you buy new.  This will be my second base in 2 yrs.  Really eggcited that bge has such eggsemplary coverage to original purchaser
    Eggsellent!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• westernbbq
    Options
    I had no idea @heavyG.  I think a joe jr is in my future.   I did pick up the parts today and will put together this week.