Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on timing: Pork Boneless Sirloin

Options
I was wandering through Costco looking for dinner ideas when I noticed that bulk Cryovacs of "Pork Boneless Sirloins" were $1.55/Lb. I passed over it at first because I didn't want to get very many of them. I then saw that it was a bit under $13 for the smallest package I could find. I figured for that price, how could I go wrong?

Got home and opened it up and saw that I had 5 small roasts that totaled 7.75 pounds. Put 4 into individual Food Saver bags and froze 3 of them. The unfrozen one will probably be tomorrow (thinking Pork Marsala). Last one is scheduled to be eaten tonight.

I want to try one of these on the Joetiserrie tonight. It's probably about 1.25 pounds or so. Did some searching and times and temps are all over the place. Anywhere from 20 minutes a pound to about an hour. So anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour. Quite a swing. Not critical cause I cook to temps, but it would be nice to narrow it down a bit. 

Any suggestions/thoughts/ideas?
South SLO County

Comments