Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GPS meat

Options
Has anyone ever got meat from GFS before and how was it. Thanks.

Comments

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I was expecting some technology. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,923
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Has anyone ever got meat from GFS before and how was it. Thanks.
    Before your thread grows whiskers you might want to edit it to read GFS instead of GPS! You just might get more replies! 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    I'm trying to think of something wiseass to say and all I come up with is LOL. 
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    I get pork shoulder from GFS all the time - best source in this area.  They are fine.  Their pork ribs are fine as well. They only carry baby backs and full spares.  I prefer St. Louis cut, but sometimes will get their fulls and trim them myself.  The local GFS only carries brisket periodically. Choice grade that is ok.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• tbender60
    Options
    GrillSgt said:
    Your so fat that your wife needs a GPS to find your meat! haha (bad joke)
  • Chef Boy RC
    Options
    How do i edit the title. May get more looks with the title I have. Everybody will want to know how this gps meat works. It tracks the little pig or calf from the time it's born till you put it on your bge. 
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    tbender60 said:
    GrillSgt said:
    Your so fat that your wife needs a GPS to find your meat! haha (bad joke)
    Your wife's so fat she only needs 2 cups of water to fill the bathtub. 
  • ThrillSeeker
    Options

I've bought briskets and beef ribs from GFS and they are decent.  The one near my job sells "beef knuckle."  I've been interested in learning more about that.

I usually by frozen burgers in the box (don't judge).  They are actually pretty tasty.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN