Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

To sauce or not to sauce, that is the question

Options
Does it matter whether you sauce pulled pork before you freeze it or when you thaw it out and reheat.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    Never have sauced and then frozen so I only have one side of your ?.  That said, I would wait til ready to eat before adding sauce.  Can't think of any benefit to adding a liquid and then freezing it with the PP.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Sauce after thawing. 

I've done it both ways. The bark and flavor of the meat always seems to hold that way. Sauce before always seems to get the meat "squishy" in the quick warm up process. 

Or do whatever you want. This is America. $.02

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• tbender60
    Options
    Sauce after! I sauced before one time. when I ate it, the taste was like the soggy sauced mystery meat pulled pork you get at a concession stand
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    In a couple weeks I'm egging 8 butts for our annual neighborhood picnic. There is no way I would sauce the pulled pork before. Having several options on the side or even going naked appeals to some folks.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Sauce on the side.