Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Now that was good

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

Kathy's sister, brother-in-law & niece are visiting for a few days as her niece is starting at USF this week so they are helping her get settled, also our son, daughter-in-law & grandsons joined us...tonight's dinner included picanha, roasted beets, corn on the cob & baked beans (beans done by our D-I-L & were very good too)...I did three pieces of picanha on my new "swords" (found a set of six on Amazon for a nice price)...on the Egg...

No, the lid doesn't completely close, but not a big issue...just after taking them off the Egg...

For the beets this time I used bacon grease instead of Olive Oil, with salt and DP Shaking the Tree...

And the corn on the cob...

For dessert grilled some pineapple to go with ice cream & brownies (no pics...sorry).

No one had had picanha before and Kathy's family haven't ever had roasted beets, but all thought everything was delish!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,733
    Options
    I'm a fan of everything you served :) Sounds like a grand meal.

What cut did you use for the picanha?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • flyerdoc
    flyerdoc Posts: 141
    Options
    Looks terrific, and I love the sword idea, very cool!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,183
    Options
    Cool looking too!!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning caliking:

Thanks...I've found it advertised as picanha at a local specialty store, at Restaurant Depot as "fat on couletts" and it is also known as "top sirloin cap".

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL