Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looftlighter update!

Options
On July 28 I posted about my 18 month old Looftlighter dying so I took it back to Williams & Sonoma where I purchased it however I did not have my receipt or packaging and the told me there was nothing they could do because I did not have my receipt so I reached out to Looftlighter by email and 3 days later they responded asking for my address and sent me a brand new one free of charge. Because I wrote my original post and was NOT HAPPY about its life  span and the fact that I complained about it I think it's important to share that Looftlighter in my opion took very good care of me and because they did It I will probably buy another one if something happens to this one. I apreaiate them going the extra mile! Thanks,
Chuck King
www.chuckkingcomedy.com
Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Happy to hear that epilogue, Chuck! Maybe this is a silly question but I assume the heating element simply burns up - right? Not a fan or switch. Therefore with their reputation I wonder if the mfg has considered upgrading the weak link in their product.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    get a torch and you will not look back.  Glad it worked out for you though!
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    RRP said:
    Happy to hear that epilogue, Chuck! Maybe this is a silly question but I assume the heating element simply burns up - right? Not a fan or switch. Therefore with their reputation I wonder if the mfg has considered upgrading the weak link in their product.
    It just died all together, right before it did the fan started racing for about 15 second then quit and nothing/no heat no fan no noise. I wanted to make sure I posted this to let everyone know about there customer service.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • JT272929
    JT272929 Posts: 106
    Options
    Glad to hear about great customer service! I think they gained a customer just because of this!

West Des Moines, IA. Pit Boss K24, Anova Sous Vide, Maverick 733, BBQ Guru Party Q, Looftlighter

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    Solid product with excellent customer service! 
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    RRP said:

I am on my second through maybe 4 years.  When the one I currently have quit working, I tried replacing the plug on the end of the cord, and it started right up again!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    Options
    Great product.  I'm on my 3rd year and if it died tomorrow, I'd buy another Looftlighter :)