Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burnt ends at the lake.... Sure

Options
@ the lake for the week, hauled the mini max again for second year. This damn thing is far from portable and gives me problems as an active late 30's work out guy.
but it's here and we will eat food for the week. 14 lb angus brisket cut in 2, today was the point, goal was burnt ends. 
Is it just me, but the daisy wheel being on really drops temps and restricts flow more than any other egg I have. Lots of fiddling around to get the temps dialed in.
shout out to 2015 rub exchange I just used today a full year later . yeti pictures purposely left out to fend off any haters. :)

Seattle, WA

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks good. Are they really hard to move? I'm getting one for Christmas to take on camping trips with me.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Looks good. Are they really hard to move? I'm getting one for Christmas to take on camping trips with me.
    Honestly .... It's not easy I feel it on my back. I'm 37 active and I'm focusing on using my legs etc to lift it. Now it's placed and good for 7 days but I still move it a tad overnight so it does not get stolen ... In case that's a risk. 
    Seattle, WA
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    1) Never apologize for liking expensive things that people refuse to pay for and say the knock off brand is better. You are on a forum where grills can cost over a grand not including accessories. 

I have a garage full full of great Yeti products and they have been worth every penny when I needed them. Can't tell much difference on the tumblers except all the tops suck and the inferior brands REALLY cannot handle the dishwasher. (I know it says not to, but after I lucked into a case of them my wife refuses to hand wash them)

As for the mini, I keep running the idea to buy one. My buddy and I have been thinking about designing a tailgating rig that is basically a cradle with a trailer hitch and an exoskeleton to keep from braking them and allows you to lock a cage around it. It would allow you to tailgate at the game, camp, whatever...then lock the cage around it and lock the hitch and not worry about 1) it getting stolen and 2) not being close enough to your car to be a fire hazard. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN