Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salt block cooking

Options
Howdy Friends,

its been while since since I have posted a cook, not sure if this one counts.  I got a salt block for Father's Day and tonight was the first cook.  Heated the block up in the oven and then pulled it out for the family to see/watch it work its magic.  Son and I shared a ribeye, my hot wife had a tuna steak.  It was awesome.  Looking forward to trying it out on the egg next time.  Thanks for looking.
Go Gamecocks!!!
1 XL, 1 MM
Smoking in Aiken South Carolina

Comments

• JacksDad
    JacksDad Posts: 538
    Options
    I just bought one of these myself! Will be trying it out in the near future... Did it add anything to the flavor? Any tips or portals to share? 

Large BGE -- New Jersey

• Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    JacksDad said:
    I just bought one of these myself! Will be trying it out in the near future... Did it add anything to the flavor? Any tips or portals to share? 

Make sure you season it, I would also give it a rinse about a week before your first cook.  It adds great flavor, make sure that you season without salt.  Keep it simple and let the salt do its thing.  It's fun.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina