Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Porcine Quandary

Options
JimE
JimE Posts: 158
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, All:[p]I may be at cross-purposes here, but I'd like to know if I can do what I think I want to do. I had great results T-Rexing a NY strip the other day, and tonight I want to try something similar with pork chops. The thing is, my first-ever shipment from Dizzy Pig arrived today, and I want to try that, too. I got the sampler pack, so their entire product line is at my disposal. My question is this: Which rub can withstand an intense sear? I'm guessing Cow Lick, but if there's another that would work better with pork, which would that be and how should I cook--350 dome for an hour or so?[p]Thank you in advance.[p]Jim

Comments

• Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Options
    Jim,
    I haven't t-rexed pork chops yet but I have grill/roasted them several times at about 450. Cow Lick is good but my favorite is Red Eye Express. Others have reported good results with trex if the chops are thick enough.[p]Paul