Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pulled Pork in a Long Time

Options
We picked up a $23 pork shoulder for $8 at Kroger yesterday, so I cooked it today. Used "It's My Rub" on it, along with some Post Oak and a chunk of Mesquite just for the heck of it. 

Ten hours. 

Here's what it looked like before I took it off. 

Yes, and it was good. 

Tonight I'm going to sous vide some bacon and cook it tomorrow. 

Yeah, I know.... But it's supposed to be good. 

Spring "Feel Like I've Been Cooking All Day Long" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Good looking butt!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    Got a 9 pounder on the small and almost ready to pull as it hit 197*. I do a butt or shoulder about once every other month. I cooked this one a little higher in temp 280-290* since it went on the Egg around 2:30 PM. I didn't want to cook it at 250* and wait till after midnight for it to finish. The bark does not look look like it does on the slower cooks.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Good looking butt!!!
    No one ever told Leroy he had a good looking butt before. :rofl:

Leroy, last ones I did were for Mom's 100th birthday, done in her oven. No smoke flavor, but actually pretty good!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut