Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picanha -- first time...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
Morning All:

A few weeks ago Faith (Florida Grilling Girl) posted about a picanha cook she had done and gave me the information where I could find this cut of meat...unfortunately the market is on the other side of the county from me, but yesterday I was in the area (and remembered to bring along a small cooler)...I stopped and picked up one piece (2.3 pounds)...I saw Faith's post and have seen Misu do this many times at EggFests, but wasn't sure at first how this one piece became what I've seen...Kathy did some Internet searching and found some directions...Also I don't have one of those fancy swords to skewer it on, but did have a relatively long skewer...here it is ready to go on the Egg...

Went on the Egg direct at top of fire ring level with dome temp about 375 (didn't want to wait for it to get any hotter)...was on for about 18 minutes with internal temps between 125 to 130...just off the Egg...

Add some rice pilaf and enjoyed a wonderful meal...very tender & tasty...

Kathy says I need to go to that side of town more often or this might even be worth a special trip.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments