Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dealer gave me a Joetisserie to demo...

Options
...knowing full well I would fall in love with it and not be able to live without it. Needless to say, it worked. First cook was a pork loin. Marinated in italian dressing all day. Rubbed it down with some Dizzy Dust and smoked over apple chunks. Pulled at 145. Turned out amazing. Building the fire is a bit different since you stack your lump against the back of the fire box on a slope. Uses a lot less coal and makes setup a breeze. Did a whole chicken last night. (forgot to take pics). Turned out incredible. Great product.
Gives the egg a whole new dimension. Have ordered a flat basket to do kebobs, chicken parts, etc. Anyone who is on the fence about buying one of these, I can't come up with one negative to say.

Comments

• Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    But do they make it for the xl yet?
  • SunDeviledEgg
    Options
    who is your dealer?
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    edited July 2016
    Options
    haha....sucker punched. I love the idea but not ready to pull the trigger for price....just postponing the inevitable... 
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Smolder
    Smolder Posts: 104
    Options
    Dealer is Patio, Pool & Fireside here in Topeka. And yeah, Gunnar, totally sucker punched. He knows me too well.
  • HellrodKC
    HellrodKC Posts: 174
    Options
    Smolder said:
    Dealer is Patio, Pool & Fireside here in Topeka. And yeah, Gunnar, totally sucker punched. He knows me too well.
    I normally see comments like this and think "well, that person lives no where near me. I'm not in any danger of falling for the same trick"... but Topeka is close enough that my wallet got scared and ran away!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    That's a good pusher, I mean dealer right there.  Enjoy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    HellrodKC said:
    Smolder said:
    I normally see comments like this and think "well, that person lives no where near me. I'm not in any danger of falling for the same trick"... but Topeka is close enough that my wallet got scared and ran away!
    I like the idea of a rotisserie, but I need one for my XL and it is not out yet and my bet it will be close to $300 id the large is $150.  My dealer in Liberty is not a KJ dealer, but I wonder if Smoke N Fire has them?
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Smolder
    Options
    Yeah, my dealer isn't a KJ dealer either. Don't know why he's stocking them other than it's just a great addition to the egg. We do have a pool store here that is a KJ dealer. Don't know if they stock the XL size or not. I think the price for the large is $249. We'll see what my guy is going to charge me for it when I take it back. He always gives me a break, due to the fact that we trade business.
     I personally think that's a pretty fair price for the rotisserie. It seems to be be a quality made product. The motor life will be the telling factor though.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Eggscuses said:
    But do they make it for the xl yet?
    Prototypes are being tested but retail delivery is not expected until late summer or fall.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Charcoal_Addict
    Charcoal_Addict Posts: 227
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The Big Joe /XL Egg version is suppose to be out in September.  Now that'll be a serious deal.  There's already a bunch of 25 lbs turkey's writing their final love letter to their wives.  They're all living in fear of the bigger Joetisserie.

Be glad you're in the US.  Canadians are going to be paying $450 CAD for the Big Joe 24 inch Jotisserie. 
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the pictures! They precisely show me what I was suggesting in another thread - I know good and well I could make a couple simple modifications so I could turn that upside down so the motor could be on the right side!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    I love mine.  Some people ask what does the Jotisserie give me that can't already be achieved without it.  It is hard to explain, but the short version is you get very even cooking and somewhat of a "set it and forget it" approach that doesn't require you to check it near as often.  At least that is how I feel.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    After my last post this thread didn't rise to the top.  I really don't like that Big Green Egg decision makers.  It feels creepy.  Like a North Korea decision. It's a relevant discussion about a new accessory for your product.  Deal with it or do the North Korea thing .. but that won't work well for you .. I promise.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    Hub said:
    After my last post this thread didn't rise to the top.  I really don't like that Big Green Egg decision makers.  It feels creepy.  Like a North Korea decision. It's a relevant discussion about a new accessory for your product.  Deal with it or do the North Korea thing .. but that won't work well for you .. I promise.
    As I was reading the thread I was thinking "I wonder if the BGE peeps are watching this thread"  I dunno why they don't make a rotisserie of their own.  I guess cause they've said for so long that you don't need one?  Coming from Weber's that is something I wished BGE made when I bought the egg.  I've owned my egg about a year and a half now and still feel the same way.  Guess if they don't have one announced by the time the Big Joe version comes out I'll just have to give my money to Kamado Joe.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    I have had my joetisserie for about 6 months and love it. I've posted many of my cooks.  The basket is a great add on and just bought the ribolater, expandable baskets for larger cooks.  The only limitation is that I can only do one slab of ribs at a time so we'll see if it's a solution.  
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• Smolder
    Options
    I'm definitely infatuated with it. I'm gonna do a prime rib on it this weekend. I think it will be a perfect fit for a rotisserie. I'll update with some pics afterwards.
  • Smolder
    Options
    Hub said:
    I think you may have something, Hub. I thought maybe if I posted again, it might move the thread up. Guess not.
  • TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Options
    This is already on my wish list for xmas. No idea why BGE doesnt make one. 
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie