Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGMANIA on the southern front

Options
JDOTR
JDOTR Posts: 85
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The BGE community was well represented at The Tennessee Heritage KCBS contest in Smyrna TN this weekend. The event was located at the historic Sam Davis plantation home just east of Nashville. [p]Co-Bros-Que did a lot of Big Green Egg evangelizing and even sold a few bottles of Dizzy Pig. But the highlight of the weekend was our first ever blue ribbon with a First place rib entry to go along with our 10th place chicken. [p]Also kudos goes out to Dan from the Green Eggs and Ham team who made the trip up from the Atlanta area and took the 2nd place ribbon in chicken.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    JDOTR,Congrats to you guys. Doing real good with that load of Eggs. Hope to see you in Albertville.[p]Poppasam
  • Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Posts: 124
    Options
    JDOTR, Congrats on the good showing. [p]My wife and I stopped by there, but they turned us away saying we had to park at the local school and take the shuttle bus in. Ummmm....no thanks. After a long day with my parents and a dog with crossed legs at home, I wasn't going to mess around with that runaround. Too bad, because I was really looking forward to it. Grrrrrr....

• JDOTR
    Options
    Poppasam,
    Thanks! We're definately having fun doing it...Actually winning is a bonus.[p]I talked to Joan and Kathy from Albertville last week and confirmed they were holding a judges spot for me. So as of now I am planning to be there.[p]Chet

• JDOTR
    Options
    vr6Cop,
    Sorry you missed it. It was a great weekend for a bbq contest and the location made it even better. We are planning to be back in the Nashville area for the contest at the Opryland Hotel the first weekend in August. Hope to see ya there!
    Cheers
    Chet