Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple steak dinner

Options
As the title indicates, just a straight up simple steak dinner.  No bells or whistles.  First, there's a story.  

We went to the Piedmont Farmers Market this morning to have something to do.  I picked up some peaches, pimento cheese, Cherokee Purple tomatoes, sweet banana plants, and some vidalia onions.  The vidalia onions was the one thing that stood out to me though.  As I passed by one time, the lady, who was older was there by herself.  She was just sitting there cleaning these onions and placing them in the plastic containers.  Her shirt was a Mom/Grandma shirt.  She just stood out to me.  We went through and then made a pass back down the isle.  I wanted to get some of those onions.  I got there, and it hit my she stood out so much.  She reminded me so much of my Mom.  Her talk, her dress, her personality.  I chatted with her for a few mins and then we proceeded on.  Was on my mind a lot for the rest of the day.  Got home and just told my wife, "you know, that lady with the onions".  My wife smiled, as if she knew what I was going to say.  I said, "she reminded me so much of Momma".  She said, "she did me too".  

These onions were something good I tell you.  My Mom loved vidalia onions.  I felt a great presence tonight at dinner, more than usual lately.  Sliced them up with some shrooms.  Butter, salt, and pepper into a foil pack.  

Back to the dinner.  

Steaks were from Harris Teeter @7.99 lb, and it's there better steaks.  Others could be had for $6.99lb.  Needed to use some asparagus up, so I did an Asian twist on them.  Did soy sauce, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, sesame oil, salt, pepper, stevia (for sweet), and some rice wine vinegar.  Brushed them with this mixture before the grill.  

Did some taters on the Egg too.  Love them that way.  

Here's the photos.  

1 - Onions and shrooms

2 - Onions and shrooms ready to go on the Egg. 

3 - Asparagus brushed with sauce

4 - Thought I grabbed a shot of the taters on the grill, but didn't.  These went on at 450° for about an hour. 

5 - 

6 - Asparagus done, topped with sesame seeds

7 - Porterhouse looking good

8 - Onions and shrooms are done

9 - Just off with a pat or two of Kerrygold

10 - Plated

11 *- Nice and med rare

Thanks for taking a look! 
------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram