Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Space City Eggfest - FANTASTIC!

Tomorrow is going to be a bad weather day here in Houston with lots of rain and miscellaneous weather. But it's looking more and more like Friday night's Cook's Meeting and Saturday's Space City Eggfest are going to be near perfect: 

Of course this is Texas and ..........?????? 

We're preparing, packing, recruiting, training, motivating, and getting hyped. We want this First Space City Eggfest to be good enough to brag long and loud about. 

See you in Spring Texas USA

Spring "Peace In The Valley Of The Jolly Green Egg" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    any guestimate on how many will attend? Need to buy groceries today.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    I am going to try to attend. I have never been to a eggfest but have always wanted to go. Probably not ready to cook at one but would like to check it out for future participation. 
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    egger ave said:
    any guestimate on how many will attend? Need to buy groceries today.
    It's anyone's guess, but considering the weather is going to be perfect for an Eggfest, and the promotional efforts by Ace and their many stores and friends, plus Old Town Spring's very experienced Festival promotors, there should be well over 500 and I think at least a thousand.  But as for your servings, I would suggest 300 to 600.  We're probably going to do about 600 Magnum Loads along with some bourbon meatballs and something else.

Remember, we only have a 5 hour window to serve.  It's hard to average more than 3 servings per minute for 300 minutes.  So I'm using 2 servings per minute as a guide.  I can always bring home the uncooked ones.

See you soon.

Spring "On A Roll (All Uphill)" Chicken

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    txhawkeye said:
    I am going to try to attend. I have never been to a eggfest but have always wanted to go. Probably not ready to cook at one but would like to check it out for future participation. 
    Be sure to stop by and introduce yourself to all the Cooks.  We love meeting other Eggheads.  And, by all means, HAVE FUN.

Spring "Counting Down" Chicken

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,779
    edited May 2016
    Prep is underway. Sounds like there will be a lot of hungry mouths to feed!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,779
    txhawkeye said:
    Stop by and say hello.  We lived in the Iowa City area for a few years. Still miss the pork and sweet corn. 

I didnt cook cook at the first eggfest I went to. Regretted it within 20 minutes of being there, because all the cooks looked like they were having a blast. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • txhawkeye
    txhawkeye Posts: 279
    caliking said:
    txhawkeye said:
    Stop by and say hello.  We lived in the Iowa City area for a few years. Still miss the pork and sweet corn. 

I didnt cook cook at the first eggfest I went to. Regretted it within 20 minutes of being there, because all the cooks looked like they were having a blast. 
    I will stop by for sure if I can make it, there is a 10% chance I may have to work on Saturday. I have a feeling you will be right about wanting to cook once I get there.