Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rib roast, SV mashed potatoes, salad, and fresh bread

Options
Local place had rib roasts on sale for $7.89lb, so I snagged about a 4lb slab.  Last night I did a dry brine consisted of salt, pepper, fresh garlic, and Meat Church Holy Cow.  

SV arrived yesterday and wanted to test it out.  Went with @Thatgrimguy method of mashed potatoes, and they turned out beautifully.  I didn't even put much time into them after the bath.  

Made probably my best loaf of fresh bread yet.  Still have some work to do though.  The crumb was great, but no height.  I had great height, but when I sliced before placing in the oven, it deflated.  Still great though.  

Did a simple salad/wedge with onion, tomato, cucumber, bacon, and ranch.  Thought I had some blue cheese, but didn't.  Ranch is still good though.  

Pictures of the day.... 

1 - Roast sitting at room temp.  

2 - Sous Vide doing work

3 - Going on the Egg.  The fresh garlic was placed on top and I roasted the roast and garlic every so often and add butter too.  

4 - Bread

5 - The roast is looking great here!  

6 - 

7 - 

8 - 

Thanks for taking a look! 

------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site