Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lightly used Eggs?

Options
I heard through the grapevine that sometimes the BGE HQ in Tucker will sell lightly used eggs at a discount (maybe around eggtoberfest?)

Any insights into that? looking to upgrade my medium to a Large or XL

thx in advance
Nashville, TN

Medium BGE | Large BGE | Little Griddle | Kick Ash Basket | Looftlighter

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Any BGE sponsored Eggfest will sell eggs that have been used once at a reduced price. Still has full factory warranty 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    The Eggs for the most part at Fest's have less than 7 hours on them.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

if I were to add another large or xl to the family, I would definitely get one from an egg cookoff.  it's assembled, warrantied and discounted.  the fact that it was used one time to me is no big deal

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have a lightly used Gremlin and Pinto. Selling for 1/2 the original purchase price :lol: 
    Some things I chance and others I like the piece of mind having warranty coverage. The BGE is one of those things. Want at lesser $....buy at a Fest. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Pictures of the gremlin @NPHuskerFL?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @badinfluence Don't have. Was only a joke. Don't be too disappointed. Although...if I did actually have a Gremlin I wouldn't sell it :wink: 
    It would be Brilliant for a beach goer. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I bought mine after a local eggfest and would do so again in a heart beat.
    Stillwater, MN