Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket and Burgers with the Smobot

Options
xiphoid007
xiphoid007 Posts: 536
Had a small brisket (4.2lbs) so I smoked it today. Threw some burgers on after just to make sure of had enough meat! I smoked the brisket with oak at 225 with just salt and pepper. I foiled it when it hit 140 to avoid drying such a small hunk out. When I was done I made a couple burgers. I just kept the indirect setup and bumped my Smobot up to 400 and threw on a fresh small hunk of oak. Just salt and pepper on the burgers as well. Everything turned out great. Brisket was fairly moist and very tender. I've dried out small hunks before, so I was happy with that. The burgers were surprisingly good. I haven't made them indirect before, but they got a really nice color and had a great smoke ring.

Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks good nicely done!! Lol the brisket is tiny. I honestly thought the first picture was a steak. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf