Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Livers and beer cheese crock!

Options
As a kid, I always loved when my Mom would make Chicken Livers.  I saw some at the local grocery store and just had to grab them and relive my youth.  I added one of my new favorites - beer cheese crock.  Wow was it good. 

First, I did an egg and Guinness wash and threw them in some flour mixed with salt, pepper, and some Swamp Venom. 

Here they are ready to go. 

Here is the beer cheese crock.  To make it, take 1 1/4 quarter deli sliced American cheese, 3oz of blue cheese, 1 cup brown or amber ale(I use Newcastle), 1/3 cup dark beer(I do a local Porter), and a pinch of dry mustard and melt it all together in a pan.  This is so GOOD!  We serve is with bread, but it is good on everything.  

Here I am frying the livers on the egg with some vegetable oil.  It does not take long to get them done.  

Here is the finished product.  They were as good as I remember.  Especially dipped in the beer cheese...

LBGE
Zionsville, IN

Comments