Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Jacked Up Sweet Potato Hash

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
Played around a little last night and came up with this. It was done on the Blackstone, which is why I placed it OT.  Could easily be done on the egg though.

I took a coupla sweet potatoes and diced them up. Then placed them on a plate, added a coupla splashes of water, covered in cling wrap, then microwaved them for about 8.5 minutes (uncovered and stirred every 2 minutes or so) until they were cooked through.  Then added some diced jalapeños.  

I then fried up a few slices of bacon on the Blackstone.  After the bacon was done, I chopped it up and left a little bacon grease on the surface of the Blackstone for the hash.  Added the bacon back to the hash once the potatoes got a nice color.  

I seasoned it with Caribeque Spicy Calypso Kick, added in the chopped bacon and finished it with grated Parmesan.

So good!!!  :flushed:   Will most definitely be repeated. The Spicy Calypso Kick seasoning works perfect on sweet potatoes.  The sweet of the potato and the spicy of the rub balance it out just right.  

Comments