Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Practicing For The Athens Eggfest

Options
I've said it many times, but I'll say it again - I love my job here at the Chicken Ranch. 

This afternoon I'm trying to perfect the Howitzer Rounds to serve at next weekend's Athens Eggfest. 

In the test kitchen, I followed the 1, 2, 3, test protocol and laid out the test subjects: a round cracker for each of the two required tests, two Howtizer Rounds, and a bottle of yellow mustard condiment. 

I heated the Howtizer Rounds to precisely 122° F and placed both on top of the two round test crackers as seen in this photo: 

And then I applied the yellow mustard condiment in a circular arrangement on top of the pre-heated Howtizer Rounds/Cracker combination. 

I then inserted the test Howtzer Rounds into the test apparatus, which in this instance was my own personal mouth, and commenced with the chewing/consumption part of the test. 

My taste devices kicked in and began to savor the test subjects, eventually concluding that they were fit for human consumption. 

Another test completed satisfactorily. I will perform additional tests later. 

Spring "Temporary Ranch Test Kitchen Manager Trainee" Chicken 
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Probably need to ship a few here so I can check for you.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Nice job. Thanks for your hard work and thorough examination. No worries I plan on testing out 2 or 3 of those at Athens. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx