Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg ID number have letters?

Options
Sea2Ski
Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
Does the ID number also have letters? I am registering it, but the ID looks like it has letters. I am assuming letters are valid? 
--------------------------------------------------
Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
....just look for the smoke!
Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

Comments

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Ozzie's MM doesn't have letters ... mine has an "A" in the ID.  My first large has an "F" in the ID.  So, it looks like the answer is yes, letters are valid.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    I had a lot of trouble reading mine

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Jeepster47
    Options
    I had a lot of trouble reading mine
    @bhedges1987 ... shine a flashlight parallel to the surface across the SN and it'll pop right out.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    With the naked eye I couldn't, but after taking pictures and playing around with contrast and saturation, I could see clear as day there were letters.  Why do they say "Your egg ID is 8 numbers stamped...." When they are not all numbers!!!  

Sorry, I am a technical guy. Don't say numbers if it is numbers and letters. Just say egg ID. 

</close_rant>
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    Interesting ... my return e-mail from 2014 called it a "Production Number."  Decided to see if it was still called that, so ran through a trial registration and it never asked for a Production Number, ID, or anything of the kind.  However, the Pope now has a register egg.

• hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    edited March 2016
    Options

If I remember

correctly mine had 3 or 4 numbers and a "J".

The dome is all black now so I could never find it again.