Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE checklist- Beer Can chicken

Options
ive been egging for a year and a half now and finally got around to one of the staples- Beer Can Chicken. I had family coming over for Easter Saturday night and wanted to try something new. Although it got off to a little rocky start when I couldn't get my fire up to temp- put the plate setter in too early and snuffed the fire a bit- but the extra hour afforded me the time to smoke a cigar with my Dad and brother-in-law, so it wasn't a total loss.... 
i decided to try periodic basting on this cook (half the can of beer, apple cider, balsamic vinegar, olive oil) and it made all the difference in the world! The skin came out dark, crispy, and delicious. I'll definitely be using a baste next time I spatch. 
After anout 70 mins at 350-375 I pulled at 170 internal and couldn't have been more pleased. This was the best chicken I've done on the egg so far, and one of the best I've had ever! 
Dry Rub- John Henry Mojave Garlic
BeerDale's Pale Ale (Best beer available in a can if you ask me)
Baste- half can of beer, 1 cup apple cider, 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar

LBGE
San Antonio, TX

Comments