Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First trip to Pecan Lodge BBQ in Dallas

Options
I had lunch at Pecan Lodge yesterday after hearing all the fuss about the BBQ.  After an hour of standing in line, the food was delivered to our table remarkably fast.  I ordered the 3 meat combo of burnt ends, brisket and pork ribs.  My wife had the pulled pork and some of their home made sausage.  The burnt ends and brisket was fantastic and the pulled pork and ribs were good.  I wasn't a fan of their sausage.  It didn't have a good texture and the casings were not edible.  I'd stand in line again for the burnt ends and brisket though.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX

Comments

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Looks good from here

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    Sweet!!
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    I haven't been to Pecan Lodge yet, the bbq looks damn good though.  A bunch of us went to Deep Ellum for Bloody Mary's at Anvil Pub. Saturday and Sunday brunch special, so worth the trip!
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • gmbbs
    gmbbs Posts: 110
    Options
    I went to Pecan Lodge, and its good stuff. Their beef ribs (average 1.5lbs each) we amazing. But so rich I felt like taking a Silkwood shower afterwards. Definitely a treat to share!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I've been wanting to go. But it's about a hour from my house. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    Food looks good from here
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    If it is still there...... A trip to Abilene and a meal at JOE ALLENS BBQ is worth the time and gas . Real , Texas , BBQ. ......Just my opinion , but I lived in Dallas from 1992 - 2003 and had bbq from oak cliff to Mc Kinny and still none better than I could get at Joe Allen's . But that was a long time ago and I'm sure things and BBQ Have changed. :-)
    More meat please !! :-)