Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers on the mini.... American Kobe vs Publix market grind

Options
Went to Publix to pick up some hamburger meat. Decided to try a pound of their "Steakhouse Elite" American Kobe. Also picked up a pack of their "market grind" which is 85/15. According to their butcher the "market grind" is their steak and roast trimmings etc. I made all patties exactly the same and put a small amount of Oakridge Santa Maria on each one. I had one of each with only mayo, mustard, and pepper jack cheese. The "market grind" patties are the 4 pictured below and the Kobe patties are the 3. 

In my opinion the "market grind" made a much better burger. It was much more flavorful and didn't seem to shrink up as much. At $3.99 a pound versus the $7.99 a pound for the Kobe, I will definitely be buying the market grind from now own.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Man, I'm so glad to hear someone else say this. Kobe ground beef is terribly overrated.  I've never had them, but I would assume the same can be said for the Kobe/Waygu hotdogs out there
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA