Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Mini Max (plate setter 4 sale)

Options
Jai-Bo
Jai-Bo Posts: 584
I recently bought the woo and never opened my plate setter.  It's still sealed in the box so if you want it $35.00 + S&H from N/W Florida.
Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Not so fast. It comes in handy for bread, pizza and baking in general. I have the WOO, deflector stone, PS and pizza stone. Your choice though. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    Options
    ^^^
    I struggled with the same decision and ended up with the 3 ceramics as well.  
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I need to decide sometime next week if I want a MM, S, or M.  I may be interested. 
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    Not so fast. It comes in handy for bread, pizza and baking in general. I have the WOO, deflector stone, PS and pizza stone. Your choice though. 
    I can see that reasoning, but the MM will primarily be used fer camping and boating so typical dogs/burgers/chicken and stuff....Ifin I cook a pizza it'll be on my large...
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    stompbox said:
    I need to decide sometime next week if I want a MM, S, or M.  I may be interested.

Just let me know...ain't taking up much space.

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    @Jai-Bo I decided to get a Medium instead of a MM, so a free bump for you to get it sold.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    Jai-Bo said:
    I recently bought the woo and never opened my plate setter.  It's still sealed in the box so if you want it $35.00 + S&H from N/W Florida.

Did they change the plate setter leg height when the changed the fire ring in the MM?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jai-Bo said:

Did they change the plate setter leg height when the changed the fire ring in the MM?
    Oh yeah right....like he is going to let you ship something to his house!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    Jai-Bo said:

No clue if the newer plate setters are taller/shorter then the older ones....
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Where in NWF, I'm also in NWF
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac ... you've got one of the old ones ... how about posting the leg length to help folks answer that question?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    Options

From BGE:

"..The biggest change was the height of the fire ring.  The old fire ring was almost 3" tall and the new fire ring is 2" tall.  This allowed the convEGGto be redesigned with longer legs 2".  This gives more room between the cooking grid and convEGGtor.  This will allow you to use a disposable aluminum pan to collect grease more easily in the new grill.  

The total height of the new fire ring and convEGGtor decreased slightly by about 1/8".  So the cooking grid is slightly lower in the new version.  The changes are really all about creating that gap between the cooking grid and the convEGGtor.."

• Jai-Bo
    Options
    Platesetter is now sold....thanks, good to have met ya James!!!  Who'da thunk a local to me would have got it!
  • feef706
    Options
    Jai-Bo said:
    Platesetter is now sold....thanks, good to have met ya James!!!  Who'da thunk a local to me would have got it!
    Great meeting you also Jason, bringing her up to temp now to do some wings, they are tricky on the MM without an indirect plate. Also I like the raised height the legs give the grid..

• feef706
    Options
    Breaking her in proper...
  • Jai-Bo
    Options
    Heck yeah...that's what I'm talking about!!!