Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Found these on close out

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
at Walgreens. $5 for all 8. I'm taking my Egg to Flavortown!
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    and what does one do with 8 blunt metal sticks?  Looks like they would be good for pounding into the ground to mark the rows of the garden.
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    and what does one do with 8 blunt metal sticks?  Looks like they would be good for pounding into the ground to mark the rows of the garden.
    String them up and make wind chimes maybe?
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    The paint is peeling off those things. 
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 155
    Options
    I think there's a reason they were on close out! Is there nothing that Guy won't slap his name on?
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof #TeamGozney
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,187
    Options
    You guys are a rough crowd.  Those are nice tent stakes!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Flat kabob sticks so the food doesn't spin?

That's actually not a bad idea. branding may be a little too much though :)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Not to pile on, but if Fieddie's sellin', I ain't buyin'. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Ok. I didn't buy them cause his name was on them. I thought some flat kabob sticks were a good idea so the food items don't slide around. I can repurpose them as canopy tie downs at the tailgate if they don't work out. Dual purpose!
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Damn rough crowd. Nice find. Even if they don't work out sounds like you have a backup. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,678
    Options
    Not to pile on, but if Fieddie's sellin', I ain't buyin'. 
    He wore out his welcome on my tv years ago.........
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,582
    Options
    Grind/dress the tips and make a nice set of long shaft screwdrivers  =)
    canuckland