Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Hog - New Hobby

Options
kl8ton
kl8ton Posts: 5,429
A scrapper/picker friend of mine called and asked if I would be interested in this Yamaha Enduro 100.  I said sure!  I would like to restore it to its former glory.  Maybe a commuter bike for work.  It looks to be original and in pretty good shape.  Don't know if it runs yet.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
Grand Rapids MI

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice.  I almost picked up an Aprilia RXV 4.5 the other day (broken) for next to nothing.   My project bike has been stalled.  Steampunk SX 650.  Welded a hard tail on it.
    Options

Options
    Nice.  I almost picked up an Aprilia RXV 4.5 the other day (broken) for next to nothing.   My project bike has been stalled.  Steampunk SX 650.  Welded a hard tail on it.
    Man - you are in to everything!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • kl8ton
    Options
    @nolaegghead

That is pretty sweet.  I think you should make a Big Green Egg tribute bike.  If you laid it down, there would be ceramic pieces everywhere!  There could be a sidecar that would hold a real BGE.  The bike could run on lump/steam.  

Grand Rapids MI
  • epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    edited February 2016
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    A scrapper/picker friend of mine called and asked if I would be interested in this Yamaha Enduro 100.  I said sure!  I would like to restore it to its former glory.  Maybe a commuter bike for work.  It looks to be original and in pretty good shape.  Don't know if it runs yet.

When I was a kid my neighbor had one of the Yamaha Enduro bikes. It was either a 125 or 175, I don't remember. It took a beating and just kept on going. I had an old Honda CT70 and could never keep up, but I sure tried. Hope the restoration goes well.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I have a couple of friends who love the Honda CRF125R dirt bikes.  They are insane for a tiny bike.  These dudes have LOTS of bikes, they collect em.
    kl8ton said:

When I was a kid my neighbor had one of the Yamaha Enduro bikes. It was either a 125 or 175, I don't remember. It took a beating and just kept on going. I had an old Honda CT70 and could never keep up, but I sure tried. Hope the restoration goes well.
    Same story except I had a dreaded death trap 3 wheeler. 
  • Sammi
    Sammi Posts: 598
    Options
    @kl8tom
    Fun project, compression, spark, fuel and it will run. Looks like it has minimal use, no boot burn on the tranny, rear brakes and chain look like they have never been adjusted.
    Sudbury, Ontario
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    @theyolksonyou man I wish I still had my 3 wheeler with the balloon tires.  I can't remember how many times I rolled that thing over on myself.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @ryantt the best was going over a jump and bouncing for the next 500'. 
  • kl8ton
    Options
    MIL just had a chat with me about the dangers of motorcycles.  I am 36 years old.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    My buddy got in a wreck right before Mardi Gras.  He and his bike were banged up but both lived to fight another day.  I rode my Harley and my BMW bike today.  FUN!
    Options
    @ryantt @theyolksonyou  I had a Honda big red 3 wheeler. Oh how dangerous but oh so much fun.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Saw this in Tucson.  I would love to build my own.

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    MIL just had a chat with me about the dangers of motorcycles.  I am 36 years old.  
    I guess she doesn't her daughter to be a widow  ;)
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    I guess she doesn't her daughter to be a widow  ;)
    ...and she apparently doesn't dislike you.