Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Delicious 20 Minute Pork Tenderloin!

Options
Slabotnick
Slabotnick Posts: 215
edited January 2016 in Poultry
i was planning on smoking this pork loin but my wife was very hungry. So I decided to take my convector out and cook directly. The result was awesome. 

1. Had a pork loin from Aldi's that was in a brine solution. 
2. Heated up my egg to 400 and planned to grill 10 minutes each side. 
3. Mixed dizzy pig, honey, milled pepper, garlic salt, garlic powder, and rubbed it all over the loin. 
4. Put the loin on the egg with mesquite, applewood chunks and shut the lid
5. After 10 minutes I went to flip it not doing my due diligence and had the vents too far open and it got to 600. 
6. I shut the grates down to the proper width and did a better job monitoring the temp for the second side. 
7. 10 minutes on the second side and the internal temp of the loin hit 150. 
8. Brought it in to rest for 5 minutes and had a great tasting char and flavor so tender. Picture below will definitely try again. 

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Man that looks incredible.  Great char on the outside and all kinds of juicy.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Slabotnick
    Options
    Man that looks incredible.  Great char on the outside and all kinds of juicy.  
    We absolutely loved it. Such great smoke flavor for such a short cook. 
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    Yes it's a pork tenderloin
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ah.  thought you said loin, which is much bigger. I would be intrigued, would have been cool to see a 20 minute loin cook. although i like roasting them.

we always do the tenderloins direct. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    Options
    Darby he did the old bait n switch on you. Said tenderloin in the title and loin in the write up.
    Gotta watch these  crafty devils
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    looks great! Welcome to the forum, btw.
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    Eggscuses said:
    Darby he did the old bait n switch on you. Said tenderloin in the title and loin in the write up.
    Rookie mistake on my behalf. Thinking I was abbreviating saying tenderloin but instead saying something completely different. Forgive the newbies. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nice looking food, that's what matters. We all nit pick here. Good to see some thick skin for a change. Glad to have you here. Keep em coming. 
  • Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eggscuses said:
    Rookie mistake on my behalf. Thinking I was abbreviating saying tenderloin but instead saying something completely different. Forgive the newbies. 
    Just messing with you. I'm a rookie too. 
    And that does look excellent. I definitely eat that.
  • Slabotnick
    Options
    I did buy an actual loin yesterday so I'll have to update on what that turns out like. I also had 3" thick pork chops cut to try to mimick my favorite pork chops from Perry's steakhouse in Dallas and Houston Texas. Only theirs are 7 fingers thick...it will be a start.