Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Caster suggestions

Options
I need to replace the casters on my old BGE table.  Not only have the wheels disintegrated, but the design of this particular caster has resulted in some bottom boards separating from the stress of moving the table.

Does anyone have suggestions on replacement casters? Ideally I think something that used an angle bracket for mounting (so the screws could go in from the side and not the bottom) would be ideal.

All suggestions welcomed.

Don
New Orleans LA

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Harbor Freight makes a cast iron 6" caster that I have on my table.  Been going on 6 years and in perfect shape.  You can cut a piece of wood the same size as the caster base, screw that in to the table with pre-drilled lag screws (check out Spex, a German lag screw/bolt company at Home Despot).  Then screw the caster into that piece of wood.

Harbor Freight has 20% off coupons....I have a bunch of them if you want some.  I think those castors are around $8 or 9 each.  Worth it.
    What nola said. Harbor Freight has some monster heavy duty casters for real cheap and you can get that 20% coupon at the store or online. I just put some on my generator because i kept moving that beast around the garage and my friends were beginning to loathe me. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    If you want to get caster overload, check out Caster City at  www.castercity.com<br><br><br>
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.