Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hopefully a save with a NEO (New Egg Owner)

Options
I stopped by my dealer's this AM and as I am looking at various BGE branded (no intention to buy) things and BGE prices , in walks a guy (probably in his mid-late 60's) who wanted to buy a LBGE (and is now a NEO).  As the conversation and questions ensued, I quickly concluded he had more money than sense.  
The two that revealed he hadn't done any homework..."Do you burn regular briquettes and do you light it with lighter fluid??"  (The second a  natural extension of the first).  This led to quite a protracted conversation, then joined by another wanna-be but not ready to pull the trigger.  The NEO was hell-bent on buying almost everything with a BGE brand on it-I offered that he may want to use it for a while and then sort out what he might need.  Mentioned this site and the CGS.  He was not to be stopped...
I see a more disciplined check of Craigs List in the near-term.  
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• SmokingPiney
    Options
    I'm SO glad I joined this forum before I bought my Egg. It saved me a lot of grief and head scratching.

Now, however, it's costing me money.  =)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS