Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Egg and the Sous Vide

Options

So I have the Anova Precision Cooker and have yet to do anything with it and the Egg.  I have had some great results with it for other cooks.

I am thinking of cooking up a butt, pork loin, ribs and chicken (not at the same time), portioning, vacuum sealing and freezing for later use.  All to be reheated in the Souse Vide.  Has anyone had experience with this and if so how is the end result?

Also

Has anyone done a smoke on the egg with a protein only to finish the cook later in a sous vide?  I am looking for your results of getting a good smoke flavor from the egg, vacuum sealing, freezing and cooking later in sous vide.

Thanks

Atl, Lg Egg, TV Guy

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah, works great.  You only need to reheat at 140F if you're not in a hurry.
    Options
    I have heard reheating with sous vide is the way to go with ribs, at least.  Haven't tried it yet.  The only way I use both, which is often lately, is that I will sous vide meat (beef tenderloin, tri-tip, etc.) and then sear at really hot temps on the Egg, which I usually have going for something else. I love the results...like a super-precise reverse sear.
    Toronto ON