Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Curry Jerk Wings and other football food

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Got some wings thawed and put them in the fridge to dry this morning. Wasn't sure what I would do with them and dug around and came up with this.

Rubbed with Dizzy Pig Curry-ish and on the small.

Once they were almost finished off the egg:

Sauced and back on.

Finished:

Also tossed a bag of frozen smoked pulled chicken in the sous vide to warm up. Used it for nachos and also pulled chicken sandwiches.

Neighbors brought homemade Buckeye Balls for dessert.

That rub sauce combo is really good. The nachos hit the spot. And those buckeye balls are off the chain nuts.

I have a plate with a few wings and some nachos in the fridge. I have my doubts they will last until morning. There is also a container of buckeye balls in there the neighbors left with us. I doubt I'll finish those, but who knows, it's still the first quarter of the Eagles/Panthers game.

This is the first 2 day weekend I've had in awhile. I don't think I like it much, need to figure out how to make 3 or 4 day weekends a permanent thing.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Where do I sign up for those long weekends?  I've got a flat of wings in the freezer just begging to be cooked and the Buckeyes....damn. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Where do I sign up for those long weekends?  I've got a flat of wings in the freezer just begging to be cooked and the Buckeyes....damn. 
    You had one last weekend, that's what I was thinking of. :smile: 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Maybe two more in the hopper. I think I have 20 hr of vacation left. 
  • DMW
    Options
    End of 3rd quarter snack. Go E-A-G-L-E-S!!!

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• annjamaican
    Options
    Interesting combo. I'm a fan of both curry and jerk but never imagined the combination would work. Good job
    - Jamaican living in rural Western Washington
    - Got my first egg (XL) in October 2015
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
      This is the first 2 day weekend I've had in awhile. I don't think I like it much, need to figure out how to make 3 or 4 day weekends a permanent thing.
    +1. I'm jealous enough of you as it is.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Real Buckeyes simply call them.......Buckeyes. 

Nice Neighbor! 
    New Albany, Ohio