Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP! Need recipe for stuffed jalapenos with cream cheese wrapped in bacon for game day!

I cant seem to find any recipes for stuffed jalapenos with the cream cheese in the middle wrapped in bacon. Im not sure if the cream cheese is mixed with anything, and also I need cooking times, direct, indirect, etc. Help me out guys! 

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    These are called ABTs.  Many variations but a simple one is:

jalepenos
    thin cut bacon
    jimmy dean sausage
    cream cheese 
    shredded cheddar. 

brown 1/2 pack of sausage for each 8 oz pack of cream cheese.  Mix in a bowl with cream cheese.  If you do it while sausage is still hot it will soften the cheese.  Add shredded cheddar to the mix.  

Slice japs in 1/2 lengthwise and remove seeds and innards.  Wear gloves- don't touch your eye or scratch anything sensitive.  

Add cream cheese mix to sliced japs and wrap in bacon.  Use toothpick if needed, but I find they usually stick good enough. 

Cook indirect on the egg 350-400 until bacon is crispy (about an hour). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    There is no single recipie.  Some do plain cream cheese, some mix, I've even seen jalapenoes stuffed with snickers.

I cut jalapenoes in half.  Scrape out seeds and cut out ribs.  Then I wash them.

I mix in sweet rub, bacon bits, and sometimes chopped up sweet peppers.  Season to taste.

Then I pre-cook bacon in microwave.  Just a little bit ~1minute for a plate full.  This helps it crisp better when cooking.

Then I stuff peppers, wrap in bacon and use tooth pick to hold the bacon.

I cook raised indirect at 375 - 400 dome temp until the bacon is crispy and colored how I like.

Hope that helps.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Mix the cream cheese with whatever you like. Think rub, shredded cheese, green chilis, leftover pulled pork, brisket, chicken, etc. You really can't go wrong.

For cooking, indirect anywhere from 250* - 400*. How long will depend on what temp you are running at, just pull them off when the bacon is crisped how you like it.

Just a tip, let them cool for 5 minutes or so before eating. The molten cream cheese can coat your mouth and leave you hurting for awhile. Don't ask me how I know...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Thank you so much guys! Much appreciated! 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Try the onion, chive cream cheese...don't even think about getting the low fat cream cheese. It does not cook right and the texture sucks.
    Our fav is still the above cream cheese, nothing aded, wrapped in bacon covered in a good rub.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • I chop up little smokey links and fold them in with cream cheese and shredded cheddar. ABTs are limited only by your imagination.  
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,314
    Only thing I will offer is to have an air-gapped drip pan on your heat deflector to contain the bacon grease.  Great eats await.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Some good instruction given above.

Thread title made me chuckle.  Sounds a little like "what's the number for 911?"

Phoenix 
  • Heck, you named pretty much everything in the first post.  

Possibility are endless though... I've done cream cheese, pimento cheese, grated cheddar, mozzarella, you name it.  Done meatless, meat, shrimp, sausage, rice... 

Wrap in bacon... Sprinkle with rub... Cook indirect until bacon is cooked to your liking.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site