Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New rubs from Dizzy Pig, Sept 2015

Options
Got an email from the Dizzy Pig folks this morning, 3 new rubs.  The first is formulated for venison, and is a coffee-based rub called "Game On!"  
The second two are part of a new, "limited edition" line (didn't catch if they were only for a limited time, just more expensive, or what).  The first was based on beer hops (!), and the second based on smoked "Ghost" peppers, which are or recently were the hottest in the world.  
Hope Amazon starts carrying the new ones, I can't afford DP's direct shipping, but would like to try the Game On! at least.  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

Comments

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I bit the bullet and ordered Ghost and IPA, I did have trouble justifying the extra $6 shipping, but I'm not sure how distributed they will be. I like everything I've had from them. I did try to find something else to order also to help justify the shipping, but I do have a bunch of rubs at home already.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Haven't heard of the other two, but I just got my taster of Game On. Haven't used it yet as we already had dinner plans last night. Not sure what to try it on first.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• captjo
    Options
    Griffin said:
    Haven't heard of the other two, but I just got my taster of Game On. Haven't used it yet as we already had dinner plans last night. Not sure what to try it on first.
    I've had it (so far) on duck breast, venison, beef, chicken and as the seasoning in sausage gravy w/ biscuits! Perfect on all. Flavors also scream chili to me, but haven't tried it yet.
    Bristow, VA
    1 Lrg & 1 XL
  • leemschu
    Options
    I just ordered the pick 7 including dizzy dust, raging river, swamp venom, cow lick, red eye express, raising the steaks, and game on. Probably a little over budget..... Oh well.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My Mexican buddy Victor, a patient transporter for the hospital, and Rad Tech/foodie/hot pepper aficianado Krista, educated me recently on the hottest pepper. The Ghost Pepper has been "dethroned" by the Carolina Reaper.  "The heart of satan".
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-QVfwCmYg
    3 peppers in 11 seconds....uffda 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Reaper
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Griffin said:
    How do you get on the DP taster list?  I'm assuming free samples are only sent to cooks that will write a review and post it on a public forum or blog.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Hawg Fan said:
    Griffin said:
    How do you get on the DP taster list?  I'm assuming free samples are only sent to cooks that will write a review and post it on a public forum or blog.

I'm not sure. I've been on there list for awhile. Ever since they started all their "-ish" stuff. I'm guessing the blog didn't hurt.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings