Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reebz, ABTs and SheeKan

Options
We had a pretty busy weekend. Some of Mrs. G's family came up to visit. Saturday, the took Duke to the arboretum and I stayed home to get cooking.

I ran up to Elliot's Hardware to get a new thermometer for the Egg and some Dizzy Pig. I broke the old thermometer awhile back and have just been moving the one I have to whatever Egg I was using. Since, I was going to be using both, I wanted another. They wanted $64 for one!! I don't think so, so I just used my FlameBoss to monitor the temp. They were also out of the original DP rub, so I got some stuff from Sucklebuster's. Two racks of ribs with Sucklebuster's Hog Waller and one with Dizzy Pig Tsunami spin. Also did about a dozen ABTs dusted with Sucklebuster's Hoochie Mama. The ABTs went on several rounds so there were always about 6 or so coming off at a time.

ABT's were mainly cooked on the Mini

Ribs almost done

Ribs had Duke's seal of approval and that's good enough for me.

Kinda glad Elliot's was out of DP. We really enjoyed the Hog Waller and their BBQ sauce wasn't half bad either. I'm looking forward to using it again.

Sunday, Duke wanted to tailgate in his new truck while Daddy cooked up some chicken breasts for salads.

Rubbed down with JH Texas Chicken Tickler and a little pecan for smoke.

Didn't get any final salad pictures as we were too tired to bother. You know what salad looks like though.

All in all, a really great weekend.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments