Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Decisions, need help!!!

Options
I'm going to cook in a upcoming Mini Fest (their first one). I'm trying to decide between Moink Balls or Tri-Tip. Need to feed about 250 guest. I think the easy one is Moink Balls, but the prep is more tedious. What would you do in my situation? This will be my first cook in a Egg Fest. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Plus, how can I make sure that it is a success? They are giving tokens as the guest come in to give for the best food, and the winner is going to get a prize.
George Foreman? Who? 
Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
Large, Minimax-soon

Comments

• outrageous
    Options
    If it is your first eggfest as a cook, keep it simple and enjoy the experience.  pork tenderloins, seasoned and cut up into bite size serving is always good.  pork loins?,  I like sound of moink balls.   have fun and enjoy

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The only problem with Tri-tip is you never know how people are going to like their beef cooked.  I think moinballs are a good choice.  The prep is really not too bad for those.   I think what I would do is figure out the right length for the bacon, cut the whole pack to that length, then spread out all the bacon on once side then hit it with rub.  Turn over the bacon and wrap the ball.  This way you don't have to season each meat ball and turn it every which way. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• tcracing
    Options
    Thanks @SmokeyPitt for the advice. I'll probably do the Moink Balls. The prep can be done the night before, and put in a cooler till I start cooking. That way I càn be less stressed and enjoy myself. 
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon