Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Chicken Thighs

Options

Four chicken thighs seasoned with Dizzy Pig Raging River Rub, Chipotle Rub, Hungarian pink salt, and pepper.

On the Grill Grates @400* for a total time of 25 minutes.

Served with Black eyed Peas and Bacon, and leftover Spinach pie. Very tasty.

Thanks for look-in!

Ross

Comments

• GATraveller
    Options
    Thighs are what it's all about (despite what the Hokey Pokey says).  Love me some black eyed peas also.  Another solid cook.  Thanks for sharing Ross!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Well done.

Check this out if you like thighs. Takes a few minutes for thigh but worth it. 

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2013/08/competition-chicken.html
    New Albany, Ohio 

• GATraveller
    Options
    Well done.

I'll have to give that a go because I love thighs but the wife and kids do not because of the higher fat content.  Thanks!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Damn you eat good Ross! They look incredible my friend!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Those thighs look wonderful!  I used to prefer thighs, but got caught up in a new way (to me) of cooking chicken breasts (pound them to 1/2" thick, marinate or rub, cook hot and fast) and have been enjoying them with different rubs and marinades this summer, haven't cooked thighs in a while.  You've whetted my appetite -- those look great!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Well done.

I'll have to give that a go because I love thighs but the wife and kids do not because of the higher fat content.  Thanks!!
    It will change your chicken world. Be sure to have a sharp knife. Makes it a lot easier. When I do it, I always make to to make a couple extra for leftovers. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• ElkhornHusker
    Options
    Well done.

It will change your chicken world. Be sure to have a sharp knife. Makes it a lot easier. When I do it, I always make to to make a couple extra for leftovers. 
    Saw that method just last night on the PBS show BBQ with Franklin.
    Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr.