Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bad flare-ups lately :(

Options
There's a decent amount of gunk built up around the inner perimeter and the gasket could really use replacing, but what is the best way to remedy this?

Should I open the vents and let it go full blast for a while to burn it off or should I scrub it down manually? I scrubbed it down a few months ago and it didn't seem to do much good...

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Open it up and let it burn. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options
    Pull the thermometer and let it rip. Before it is totally cool open it up and scrape the gasket off. It's 100% easier to do when the egg is still warm.
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Contact @RRP if you want a Rutland gasket replacement kit.  It comes highly recommended.
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Seriously put your plate setter and pizza stone in after you load it full of lump. And let it go wide open. It will be pretty and white like the day it came home after the lump is gone.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    If your worried about going full nuclear for an extended time ( like til there's no lump left) then 800 degrees for 30 minutes will do the trick. As stated above, preorder your Rutland gasket. It's nice to have it in hand after doing your first clean burn.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.