Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon wrapped cream cheese stuffed chicken breasts

Options
A friend of mine shared this recipe on Facebook a while ago...and I thought it would be an easy adapt for the egg.

Here is the original link

http://praycookblog.com/2013/11/13/bacon-wrapped-cream-cheese-stuffed-chicken-breast/

Here is how I adapted...mostly to double it but a couple adjustments.

• 2 full Boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 halves) cut into 4 pieces
  • 8 tablespoons cream cheese
  • 1/2 cup Pepperjack cheese, shredded
  • 4 tablespoons green onion, chopped
  • 1 1/2 lb of bacon
Instructions
  1. Cut chicken into 4 equal size pieces. Pound breast so it is about ¼" thick.
  2. Mix together softened cream cheese, chopped green onions and shredded pepperjack cheese. Put ¼ of this mixture into the middle of each piece of chicken.
  3. Starting at the long side, roll chicken breast up, keeping the cheese mixture to the middle.
  4. Wrap 4-6 slices of bacon around the chicken breast, secure with toothpick, if needed.
  5. Cook raised direct 30 minutes at 375 degrees F. (Note, I have an xl so I lit lump on one side and cooked for 30 min on the opposite side, quasi 2 zone...I rotated once at the 15 min mark)
  6. Move directly above hot coals for 5 minutes to fully brown and crisp bacon. Turn each breast over for another 3 minutes or so to crisp up the bottom side.
  7. Serve immediately.
Notes
I had never pounded out checked before, I put it in a gallon ziplock and used a rolling pin...I found it was better to pound with the pin instead of trying to roll it....my first ones kind of blew out, but I saved it by using more bacon to keep it all together.

These were fantastic, next time I'll use more shredded cheese (maybe different kinds) and hit it all with some rub or seasonings.

Making the neighbors jealous in Pleasant Hill, Ia one cook at a time...

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    They look good... Just keep perfecting it to your liking
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"