Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

GWN - upcoming Princess Auto sale on sausage stuffers

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,533
edited August 2015 in Off Topic
Aug 25 - Sep 6

Regular $199, Sale $159
http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/11-lb-stainless-steel-vertical-sausage-stuffer/A-p8376345e

Regular $249, Sale $169
http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/15-lb-stainless-steel-vertical-sausage-stuffer/A-p8376352e

Been watching for sale on the 11 pounder, now leaning towards the bigger one for $10 more. Anyone has experience with these?
canuckland

Comments

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Thanks for posting!  I was looking at them recently.  15 pounds is huge...

Options
    Hoping they have both in stock at one of the nearby stores so I can compare. Did you actually kick the tires?
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @paqman I just came back from P.A. They have all sizes in stock, you are right, even the 11 pounder is gi-normous, must be at least two feet tall.  I ended up getting the 5 pounder, it was on sale in June for $89 but back to regular price $129 now.  Not wanting to pay MSRP, I spoke to a supervisor and she sold it to me for $89 without hesitation!
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    Nice!  Based on the review, I suggest that you order an extra set of gears.

I want one badly but I will have a hard time running that one by SWMBO.  I was a victim of a company downsizing a few months ago and I am the one putting pressure on her to slow down on spending...  I received a decent severance package and I just found a contract with the federal government until the end of the year so we don't have financial problems yet but I want to spend responsibly until I find something stable...

I am getting ready for an exam tomorrow but if I do well, I'll need a reward and probably try to get the 5 pounds one like you did at 89$ sometime Thursday :)

Options
    Sorry to hear about your job situation, hope everything works out for you.

You're right about the plastic gears, that's why I was leaning towards the all-metal 11 or 15 pounders. Have to call P.A. to find out about extra gears for backup. 

Good luck with your exam. If you're serious about getting it and they won't do it for $89 may be I can send you a scan of my receipt  ;)
    canuckland