Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Long Beans

Options
Check out these long ass beans! 
WOH!!  :o

...so, I found myself at an asian supermarket with a quick need to pick up some food to grill.  The only beef I recognized in the meat case was ribeye, so I grabbed a couple which were decent.  Not bad, not epic, I'd get them again though.

BUT, more importantly I had never seen those long string beans before.   Perfect for grilling.

Tossed them with a little olive oil, S&P and some lime.  One flip.  As easy as asparagus to cook and look how nicely they nestle next to your steaks?   :lol:

LBGE/Maryland

Comments

• A5firearms
    A5firearms Posts: 163
    Options
    Nice!
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I saw those on some web site just the other day. Never heard of them before. Do they taste like, you know... beans? =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I saw those on some web site just the other day. Never heard of them before. Do they taste like, you know... beans? =)
    Yup, tasted pretty much like normal string beans...just ridiculously long.   Not as bright of a flavor as fresh cut green beans off the vine, but good and unique enough to grill and serve. 
    :plus_one: 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    You could make a necklace out of those. 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Yup, tasted pretty much like normal string beans...just ridiculously long.   Not as bright of a flavor as fresh cut green beans off the vine, but good and unique enough to grill and serve. 
    :plus_one: 
    Ahh, it was serious eats! 

http://www.seriouseats.com/2015/07/how-to-make-braised-long-beans-tomato-garlic-italian.html

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,166
    Options
    Ah....about 4 inches long I'd say!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,735
    Options
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va