Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The table is ready!!!

Options
This means the egg is being picked up Monday! Can't wait!
Dyersburg, TN

Comments

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Very nice, I like it!
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • biggreenrob
    Options
    I like it.  Who makes it?  Where did you get it?  
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    A local welder in northwest TN made it for me. I wanted a solid middle shelf but he discounted me since he did it wrong and I figure being on brick I'm not worried about a fire from it anyway.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • midwestsmoker
    Options
    Very kool idea
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Did you take him the plans or did he just wing it? Paint or powder coating? Very nice BTW!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • leemschu
    Options
    I did a rough drawing and with more precise measurements. The paint is just high heat spray paint. He did an excellent job especially compared to what my shotty welding skills would have created.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • RRP
    Options
    As an aside - I see your exterior of your home was built using used paver bricks just like ours. I love the personality as each brick is different!

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I'd be a little concerned about the middle shelf sagging over time from the weight of the egg. I'd add a couple of square tube supports run under the nest feet.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    A really good looking table. I've never seen one built like yours.
    I'm sure it will server you well.
  • leemschu
    Options
    I thought about adding supports. I'm going to see how the table nest distributes the weight.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • RRP
    Options
    leemschu said:
    I thought about adding supports. I'm going to see how the table nest distributes the weight.
    Since you are open to suggestions I noticed the only thing holding those wings up is one friction slider on each wing. I would at least add another on each side at the back. Trusting one hinge with potential weight placed there isn't good. Sorry, but have had a bad experience with that style slider and they are not all that strong so two would be better!