Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Way OT At least your day started better than mine OT

Options
This was waiting for me when I went to go to work.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,513
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I despise thieves.  Crap.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Did you forget to pay on the "Rent-A-Rims"??  

That blows!!!  I can't stand a thief.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'm sorry about that theft, Doc.  I hope the thieves get burned.
    Flint, Michigan
  • dmirish1
    dmirish1 Posts: 115
    Options
    Jacked your car up and took the tire?? WTF?! Are they rare tires? No one noticed something like that? Bunch of F&*^cking arse holes.

Winchester, Virginia LBGE, MiniMax

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Karma will get em someday..  I know it's small consolation    sorry to hear this.
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Just got the cost, over $700.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• HoustonEgger
    Options
    Damn that sucks - did they take just the one or all 4?
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Whoa!  Sh!t the bed!
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Wow! SMH What a dillhole!  Hope your day gets better bud. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    love  insurance deductibles  (not)
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Dust for fingerprints. 
    Petty criminals needing money for their next fix.
    Really sucks.
    I have had 2 trucks stolen. One I feel ended up in Mexico. Was able to recover the second with no major damage, other than the cops breaking the windshield to remove the fraudulent VIN tag the thieves changed from the dashboard.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,819
    Options
    add wheel locks to the cost
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    First World Problem, right @nolaegghead?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    The car was too wet for fingerprints but they swabbed the lug nuts for DNA, hopefully they are in some database.  A couple of years ago they tried to steal my truck, which is impossible short of a tow truck due to the ignition system, but did over $1K in damage to it trying.

• Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    Options
    My wife rim got stolen from her job. We were quoted 600 dollars from the rim itself from the dealership. I got the rim for a 100 bucks off ebay. I would suggest going to a junkyard or ebay to get the rim. The dealership cost way to much.
    Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Now onto the concealed carry thread...despise thieves. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Not the way to start the day for sure Doc. I guess it can only get better. Might just have to cook something tonight.....
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    Sorry.  I am sure its frustrating. 
    New Orleans LA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,183
    Options
    That sucks!  I've had two trucks broken into.  One of them my roomate watched the whole episode from our balcony.  The next morning he asked why I spent so much time trying to get into my truck last night.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,224
    Options
    That's a pisser. Sorry to hear about that. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Better the tires....than the egg. Not a consolation I no....what a bummer.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Thecoiman said:
    My wife rim got stolen from her job. We were quoted 600 dollars from the rim itself from the dealership. I got the rim for a 100 bucks off ebay. I would suggest going to a junkyard or ebay to get the rim. The dealership cost way to much.

Yep Fleabay or Thieves' List and you might be able to buy it back.

I can't stand a thief of any kind. Whether it is my money, my stuff or my time.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    That sucks doc! So sorry. Thieves suck. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Sorry man. Don't let this suck the life out of your week. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    That is a bummer. A couple nights ago 3 of my co-workers had their bags lifted from their rental cars. 2 of them had their windows smashed, the other had the window pushed down and pried in. My rental was parked right beside one of them and didn't get hit. One guy lost his passport.

I hope they catch those scumballs and increase penalty for theft back to lobbing off one of your hands.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    I hope nobody gets into a terrible accident today, but if it has to happen, I hope it's the guy who ripped you off.
    Phoenix 
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    You must be rolling some pimp dubs on that whip for them to get boosted.

Word.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That's ridiculous!  Sorry you had to live it!  If you need to borrow my AR-15 let me know. Clint got it right. There's more justice in a 50 cent bullet than a 200 year old legal system.  Ok, I can't say that.  Clint did!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options

Word.
    Whut?
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options

Word.
    Whut?
    Sorry man, getting ready for Straight Outta Compton...