Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yes please!

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited August 2015 in Off Topic

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Got an email about this last week at work.  I love that type of ice!  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Is the ice clear like some of the high end makers?
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    Never realized how lucky I am to put nuggets in my mouth at work, every day, in our pantry. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    I really don't want that, but do at the same time. 
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I saw that as well last week. Really cool. I just don't have $500 for a ice maker right now. Lol
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Am I missing something? I feel like I must be.... 
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    It makes ice for drinks. Like sonic. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • cazzy
    Options
    Focker said:
    Never realized how lucky I am to put nuggets in my mouth at work, every day, in our pantry. 
    That is pretty much the main thing I miss from working.  Love hospital ice too!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    That's what I thought... I just can't see paying $500 for nugget ice.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    That's what I thought... I just can't see paying $500 for nugget ice.  
    It's actually a pretty good price for an ice maker. In general icemakers are expensive. And having one that can just sit on the counter and costs only $379 if you buy it today. Throw in the fact that most people actually prefer this type of ice and it's a good deal for some. We blow through the ice my fridge makes before noon on most Sundays because I have so many people over. If I didn't already have a bulk ice maker I would be all over this. (my cabinet model cost nearly $1500)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • cazzy
    Options
    We go to Sonic just for the drinks.  If there was a fridge that had nugget ice, we'd be all over it.  We have a Igloo ice machine that works the same way, it just doesn't make the ice we prefer.  This was a no brainer for us...especially since our fridge barely keeps up.
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    I ordered it within the first 4 hours....It'll be a long wait, and I bet they miss Summer 2016 delivery, but I bit the bullet and got in for 339.00

I'll update once received.  IF it actually works like I hope, it'll be boon at my house as our icemaker can't keep up with our useage on the weekends (aka bourbon/partytimes)
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Suckered me in at $399.  Hope for Christmas in July 2016!!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • cazzy
    Options
    Good stuff fellas!  Man @Angus1978 Good price...you'll get yours before I do!  
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    My refrigerator has a "crush ice" setting.

Kanye West Shrug animated GIF
  • cazzy
    Options

So does mine.  Different kind of ice and not anywhere close to being as soft.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    cazzy said:

So does mine.  Different kind of ice and not anywhere close to being as soft.
    Soft ice aka "water". 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Now I'm thinking I should get one for my RV. I'm using trays in there currently.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    I do so miss the hospital ice maker where the tubing "poops" out the nugget ice into the hopper. Nothing better than charting while chewing on a 20 oz cup of it.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I do so miss the hospital ice maker where the tubing "poops" out the nugget ice into the hopper. Nothing better than charting while chewing on a 20 oz cup of it.
    How is living with pica?
    Options
    How is living with pica?
    Better now, since I no longer have to deal with the stressors of "motorcycle season", necrotizing fascitis, and Fournier's Gangrene.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    They also make an induction cooktop that does everything frying to sous vide.  Pretty damn cool.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/paragon-induction-cooktop#/story

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    Yes. We love that ice. If I didn't already have a crappy, although the expensive, ice maker I would pull the trigger. Our crushed ice in our fridge doesn't even compare.  
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • GATraveller
    Options
    For anyone interested:
    Only 2 days left to get in at the reduced price.

Keep in mind that the company creating this is a division of GE (for anyone concerned about a lack of quality).

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA