Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got a Little Griddle

Options
jls9595
jls9595 Posts: 1,533
Used it today for the first time. Breakfast on my gasser, first time I've used it in a long long time. I need to pick up a few utensils for it and it's no Blackstone but I must say, it was really fun to cook on this thing. I have a few rings and turners on the way and @cazzy thanks for the help. 

In Manchester, TN
Vol For Life!

Comments

• jls9595
    Options
    The carrots were a surprise, didn't know they were in the bag with the peppers. Wife said "cook all those peppers in the fridge."  Didn't really think carrots went with the rest so I just scraped them into grease catcher(in case you were wondering).
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    How did the seasoning go?  I don't know if the last pic is it, but make sure the entire surface has a thin layer.  Get it piping hot so the pores open (it will smoke), then let it cool and wipe off.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options
    Oh any time, happy to help!  Call if you need anything!
  • jls9595
    Options
    I coated the whole surface with oil and then sauteed the onions first.  I don't know if I did it just right because I went right from that to the hashbrowns and bacon. It was good, that's all I know ;)
    In Manchester, TN
    Vol For Life!
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,365
    Options
    Want!
    Jacksonville FL
  • cazzy
    Options
    jls9595 said:
    I coated the whole surface with oil and then sauteed the onions first.  I don't know if I did it just right because I went right from that to the hashbrowns and bacon. It was good, that's all I know ;)
    That is all that matters!  Good to have a reason to fire up the gasser and not just let it rot.