Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Pizza Night on the Blackstone Pizza Oven

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
So lately it seems the Blackstone Griddle is getting all the attention and I figured it's cousin needs some loving here.

Started some dough last night, I use the Overnight Straight Pizza Dough recipe from Flour Water Salt Yeast. I used 62.5% hydration instead of 70% and I didn't put the dough balls in the fridge today after dividing it this morning. I also divided into 6 dough balls instead of 5. Skipping the fridge made it much easier to work with tonight.

First pie was a simple cheese pizza using sliced fresh mozz and sauce of crushed tomatoes, fresh oregano, and salt.
In the oven:

After about 2 minutes or so:

Next up was Sweet Baby Ray's, leftover spare rib meat, and cheddar cheese:

Next I drizzled some EVOO on the crust, then sliced mozz, prosciutto, caramelized red onions. When it came off I dusted it with parmasean.

And now a creation from my neighbor. Ricotta cheese, sliced peaches, basil, and balsamic reduction. I dropped the temp on the oven first because we wanted the peaches to have a bit more time in the oven.

First in without the basil and balsamic.

When it was getting close, pulled and topped with the basil and balsamic and back in with the heat cranked to finish.

This was really good, I would never have thought of this combo.

Next up was a BBQ chicken pizza.

I made another cheese as well, but it looked pretty much like the first one.

If you already have the Blackstone griddle, you already have the propane, so you might as well pick one of these up as well...

They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Please stop...there is no room on my deck!

Those all look incredible, but the peacy basil balsamic really looks amazing.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    I got one of these used I just got to go get it. Still in the box for $100.  After how much I loved the griddle I figured it was worth a shot. And given those pics... I was right!!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Bustersdad
    Bustersdad Posts: 311
    Options
    Unfortunately, I've run out of room...looks great
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice.... 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    looking good, some creative and tasty looking pies there
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited July 2015
    Options
    What are you talking about @Conway_Twitty

Edit. I see. WTF
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    Great looking pies!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @DMW  Those pies really look incredible.  Now that you've had the oven for a while, do you feel it does a significantly better job on the pies than the egg?
    Phoenix 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    blasting said:
    @DMW  Those pies really look incredible.  Now that you've had the oven for a while, do you feel it does a significantly better job on the pies than the egg?
    @blasting - I'm not sure it's "better" for a few pies, but if you get the egg to temps where you can do a 90 second pie you will only be able to do one or two. After that the stone will be so hot you will scorch the crust. If you are baking the pies around 600* +/- the egg works great. I really like how you can watch the pies as they bake on the Blackstone and pull them when they are right like how you want. With the egg you are either peering in the chimney or opening the dome.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker