Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby back burnt ends

Options
After reading all the posts on pork burnt ends lately,  I thought I would try a similar technique with baby backs. Two slabs, smoked them for about 3 hours, cut into individual ribs, added more rub and placed them in a foil pan. 

Back on the egg for another 2 hours or so, lightly sauced the last 30 minutes. 

The egg was around 250 most the time.  I kicked the heat up to about 300 the last 15 minutes or so to add a little more color.  

These were really good, but to be honest they didn't go quite long enough for my preference.  Some bites were perfect, but some needed a little more work to free them from the bone.  Next time I would go a little longer and may consider covering the pan with foil for the first 30 minutes.   The bark was really good and another bonus is they are easier to cut at the 3 hour mark without them falling apart.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

Comments